Howard County, MD Real Estate Explore Homes for Sale in Howard County, MD!
Welcome to Howard County, MD
Located just outside Baltimore, Howard County is an idyllic suburban oasis for those who need to be close to the city, but also want a slower pace of life. From the historic and charming Ellicott City to the upscale, expansive homes of Clarksville, Howard County has something to offer everyone.
You’ll enjoy the diverse attractions and entertainment options in Howard County. With hundreds of parks, environmental areas, and hiking trails, Howard County is perfect for outdoor lovers. You can also enjoy a night out at some of the area’s many restaurants and bars.
If you need to live close to Baltimore, but don’t want a big city lifestyle, check out Howard County. You’ll find that it has everything you need.
Real Estate in Columbia, MD
Columbia is one of the most unique communities in Maryland. It’s a planned community, created in the late-1960s. It consists of 10 self-contained villages and each has its own unique style and characteristics. One of the great things about living in Columbia is that you can find the best housing option for you in whatever village you prefer. Columbia was planned with housing diversity in mind. While prices can range from village to village, each has its fair share of houses, townhouses, condos, and apartments. Whatever kind of home you seek, you’ll find it here.
What to Do, Where to Go
Columbia features a wide variety of recreation and entertainment options. The Columbia Association manages the town’s park system, which features parks, ice skating rinks, athletic clubs, pools, and sports fields. If you enjoy the water, you can go fishing, boating, or swimming at one of Columbia’s three man-made lakes. For nightlife options, you can visit some of the pubs and bars located throughout the various villages. Clyde’s, Sonoma’s, and Nottingham’s Tavern are all popular choices that bring in live music. The Mall in Columbia is the town’s main shopping destination, with more than 200 stores and a multiplex theater.
- Atholton High School | Grades 9-12 | 6520 Freetown Rd., Columbia, MD 21044
- Clemens Crossing Elementary School | 10320 Quarterstaff Rd., Columbia, MD 21044
- Thunder Hill Elementary School | Grades K-5 | 9357 Mellenbrook Rd., Columbia, MD 21045
- Atholton Elementary School | Grades PK-5 | 6700 Seneca Dr., Columbia, MD 21046
- Waterloo Elementary School | Grades PK-5 | 5940 Waterloo Rd., Columbia, MD 21045
Real Estate in Clarksville, MD
Located just outside Columbia, Clarksville is a high-end community that consists largely of expansive single-family homes on large lots. The neighborhoods are often gated and quiet, making them perfect for families. If you’re looking for a home with plenty of room, lots of yard, and quiet surroundings, then Clarksville may just be the place for you.
What to Do, Where to Go
One of Clarksville’s biggest advantages is its wide open spaces. One of the biggest is the Middle Patuxent Environmental Area. You can hike through more than 1,000 acres and keep an eye out for more than 150 species of birds and more than 40 species of other animals. If you want to enjoy nature and a cold beverage, try Tin Lizzie Wineworks, a local winery where you get to make your own wine, all the way from picking the grapes to pouring the glass.
- Clarksville Elementary School | Grades K-5 | 12041 Route 108, Clarksville, MD 21029
- Clarksville Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 6535 South Trotter Rd., Clarksville, MD 21029
- Pointers Run Elementary School | Grades PK-5 | 6600 Trotter Rd., Clarksville, MD 21029
- River Hill High School | Grades 9-12 | 12101 Route 108, Clarksville, MD 21029
Ellicott City, MD
Real Estate in Ellicott City, MD
Founded in the 1770s, Ellicott City is a charming town that’s filled with history. Like many of the communities in Howard County, Ellicott City features a diverse mix of housing options. If you’re looking for a house, your options range from suburban ranches on quiet streets to expansive homes on large lots. Near Ellicott City’s core, you’ll also find historic homes, as well as condos and townhouses.
What to Do, Where to Go
Ellicott City is known for its history. Its downtown area features dozens of boutiques, restaurants, and bars in buildings that are hundreds of years old. Visit Ellicott Mills Brewing Company to try some of the best in local beer. Grab an outdoor table at Johnny’s Bistro, a local favorite in historic Ellicott City. After dinner, take a stroll through the Main Street shopping district and visit charming boutiques like Vintage Bliss and All Time Toys.
- Burleigh Manor Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 4200 Centennial Lane, Ellicott City, MD 21042
- Centennial High School | Grades 9-12 | 4300 Centennial Lane, Ellicott City, MD 21042
- Centennial Lane Elementary School | Grades K-5 | 3825 Centennial Lane, Ellicott City, MD 21042
- Folly Quarter Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 13500 Triadelphia Rd., Ellicott City, MD 21042
- Howard High School | Grades 9-12 | 8700 Old Annapolis Rd., Ellicott City, MD 21043
- None Available 8800
- Unknown 442
- Rittenhouse Square 226
- Fishtown 189
- Baltimore City 151
- Columbia Heights 146
- Point Breeze 129
- Somerset West Of Rt-13 (20-01) 126
- Northern Liberties 117
- Brewerytown 116
- Phila (South) 112
- None Available 106
- Capitol Hill 106
- Port Richmond 106
- 19132 (19132) 104
- 19121 (19121) 102
- 000 101
- 19140 (19140) 99
- Graduate Hospital 92
- Kensington 90