Carroll County, MD Real Estate Explore Homes for Sale in Carroll County, MD!
Welcome to Carroll County, MD
Open spaces, rolling hills, and picturesque farms form the backdrop for the towns of Carroll County. Plenty of opportunity to stretch your legs and enjoy fresh air, yet just a 45 minute drive to downtown Baltimore – this is what makes Carroll County such a great place to call home. As more people move to the area, more amenities and attractions are following, yet the area retains a distinctly rural atmosphere for truly peaceful living.
Real Estate in Westminster, MD
Roomy homes with plenty of acres to spare are the hallmark of Westminster. From brand new homes with no expenses spared to open lots waiting for you to build your own dream home, if you’re looking for space and privacy you’ll find it here. For those that need a little less space, a handful of townhomes and row-homes are also available, alongside a few homes that date back to the late 1800s and early 1900s. Most of the homes in the area are classic Colonial in style, however, the area is dotted with mid-century and cape cod style homes as they were added to the landscape over the years.
What to Do, Where to Go
Artists and art fans will love visiting the Carroll County Arts Center in Westminster. Performances include notable speakers, music groups, and theatrical performances along with plenty of family-friendly performances and classes for the kids. For a day on the farm, pack a picnic and head to the Carroll County Farm Museum and explore the farm and visit the animals or stop by for one of the annual events like the Civil War reenactment, Wine Festival, and more. For a special night out, try Paradiso Italian restaurant or enjoy the friendly atmosphere at O’Lourdan’s.
- Friendship Valley Elementary School | Grades K-5 | 1100 Gist Road, Westminster, MD 21157
- Westminster Elementary School | Grades K-5 | 811 Uniontown Road, Westminster, MD 21157
- Westminster East Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 121 Longwell Avenue, Westminster, MD 21157
- Westminster West Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 60 Monroe Street, Westminster, MD 21157
- Westminster High School | Grades 9-12 | 1225 Washington Road, Westminster, MD 21157
McDaniel College, located in Westminster, is a private four-year college with a satellite campus in Budapest, Hungary. Founded in 1867, the school has a long history of academic excellence in the areas of liberal arts and sciences.
Real Estate in Eldersburg, MD
For the truly inspired, a few sprawling estates suitable for the rich and famous are tucked away in Eldersburg. A handful of contemporary luxury homes that feature modern amenities and smart appliances are also available. Or, if comfortable old-time homes are more to your taste, homes that were built in the late 1800s and early 1900s are available. Many have been renovated to meet current standards while others are waiting for just the right buyer to bring them back to life.
What to Do, Where to Go
In the summer, friends and neighbors gather at the Farmer’s Market in nearby Sykesville and enjoy farm-fresh foods, crafts, flowers, desserts, and more. The Gate House Museum is a great place to explore the history of the area and the Eldersburg Branch Library offers plenty of activities for the kids all year long. For an outstanding Italian meal, locals recommend Liberatore’s or relax after hours at Oscar’s Alehouse for cold drinks, great burgers, and more.
- Eldersburg Elementary School | Grades PK-5 | 1021 Johnsonville Road, Eldersburg, MD 21784
- Piney Ridge Elementary School | Grades K-5 | 6315 Freedom Avenue, Eldersburg, MD 21784
- Oklahoma Road Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 6300 Oklahoma Road, Eldersburg, MD 21784
- Century High School | Grades 9-12 | 355 Ronsdale Road, Eldersburg, MD 21784
After high school, students in Eldersburg can continue their education at McDaniel College in nearby Westminster or head down to Baltimore to attend one of the many colleges and universities.
Real Estate in Hampstead, MD
Comfortable family living is what Hampstead is all about. While a few luxury models are available, most of the homes in the area are affordable, roomy, and well-maintained. Most sit on lots of at least a few acres, some on several acres, so there’s plenty of room to spread out and relax. If you don’t need quite as much space, Hampstead also has a few modern condominiums with all the amenities that make life easy.
What to Do, Where to Go
In the summer, you’ll find everyone enjoying the afternoon at Cascade Lake. A 6-acre lake sits among 70 acres of hills and woods and has areas for swimming, water slides, diving platforms, a splash pad, and even a place for boating, fishing, picnicking, and grilling. Or, for indoor activities, the 4 Seasons Sports Complex offers indoor basketball, mini golf, sauna, racquetball, and more. For tasty treats, stop by Snickerdoodles Bakery & Coffee House, or try Greenmount Station for impeccable seafood and drinks.
- Hampstead Elementary School | Grades PK-5 | 3737 Shiloh Road, Hampstead, MD 21074
- Spring Garden Elementary School | Grades PK-5 | 700 Boxwood Drive, Hampstead, MD 21074
- Shiloh Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 3675 Willow Street, Hampstead, MD 21074
- North Carroll Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 2401 Hanover Park, Hampstead, MD 21074
- North Carroll High School | Grades 9-12 | 1400 Panther Drive, Hampstead, MD 21074
After high school, students may continue their education at McDaniel College in nearby Westminster, or head to one of the many colleges and universities in Baltimore.
- None Available 14375
- Unknown 733
- Na 553
- 000 471
- Baltimore City 303
- Point Breeze 258
- Fishtown 232
- Rittenhouse Square 219
- 0000000000000000000 208
- Canton 201
- Phila (North) 200
- Kensington 180
- Columbia Heights 179
- Not On List 174
- Lake Of The Woods 167
- Phila (South) 160
- Baltimore 159
- Germantown 153
- Federal Hill 150
- Dale City 145